We will not share any of your details with anyone else. All personal details are password-protected and all financial information (i.e. credit card information) is encrypted using 128-bit SSL while in transit.
The GDPR – how Gardenia keeps your personal information safe.
The General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR) is a regulation in EU law relating to data protection and privacy for individuals residing in the European Union. From the date of its introduction in May 2018, companies like Gardenia have new responsibilities in terms of keeping your personal information (like your name, address, email address and payment details) safe and secure.
Gardenia has always taken data protection seriously and we will continue to do so within the new framework. When you place an order with us online, over the phone or in one of our shops, we need to ask you for some personal information so that we can take payment and deliver your flowers to the right address. We collect the following details:
- Your name, address, email address and payment details.
- The name and address of the person you are sending flowers to.
- Your phone number and/or the recipient’s phone number (so that we can keep you updated on the progress of your delivery and check what to do if the recipient is not home when we arrive).
Here’s how we use that information about you:
- We only collect the information that we need to fulfil your order.
- We use that information for the purposes of taking payment, confirming your order and delivering your flowers to their recipient.
- We will ask you if you’d like to keep up to date with goings-on at Gardenia, but we won’t contact you unless you give us your permission to do so.
- We may need to pass your information on to a courier service if your delivery is being sent outside our local delivery area, but we have checked that all our delivery partners are GDPR-compliant and that they will treat your personal information with the same respect.
If you have any queries about how we collect, use or hold your personal information, you can email us or call us on 020 8944 0942.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list, opt in here: SIGN ME UP!
If you’d rather not hear from us anymore, say ‘cheerio’ here: SAY CHEERIO!